A set of words that makes me cringe whether hearing or reading is: time management. I am not sure why it’s so hard finding time to do things with a baby…OK, well I suppose I can understand because they require 24/7 care. Nothing against it, because I admire and love every second of it, but my question is: How Does One Find Time to Juggle it All? — It is so easy to go on any social platforms and think that your followers or friend moms have it “all together“, but quite honestly, I am not sure they do. I am sure they struggle just as much as we, or (speaking for myself) I do. I have been wanting to write this post all day long. It is now 22h44 and here I am typing away. Does motherhood mean you become a night owl? I sort of got the memo, but I don’t think I read it correctly! “Does it Become Easier?” is probably the real question at hand.
Here are some tips that work for me (half of the time):
- Nap when baby naps, so you can stay up later (current situation, hence the late post)
- Procrastinate, because that’s natural and baby comes first- (sorry social world, we’ll catch up eventually)
- Do your personal things at night, because daytime is for your little human
- Drink tons of matcha or coffee, followed by water (because no baby wants a dehydrated parent!)
- Ask for help! — simple, yet a tad bit difficult to do at times
- Cherish the moment– you blink, and they grow. They are our only priority; See Rule 2
What works for you, because I think I might need to refresh my list (lol)!